Content Coming Soon.
Steps to setting up the forgotten password link
1. Create a permission list called MAILPSWD (user define name).
2. On the Pages tab of this new Permission List you will need to authorize the component called EMAIL_PSWD. This is done by adding the Menu named MAINTAIN_SECURITY, edit the menu and find the component called EMAIL_PSWD with the description Forgot My Password. Edit the pages and select all.
3. Next go to the Component Interface tab of this same Permission List, add and give full access to the USERMAINT_SELF component.
4. Next go to the Web Libraries tab of this same Permission List and add the WEBLIB_PORTAL and WEBLIB_PT_NAV web libraries edit and give FULL access to ALL iscripts.
5. Create a Role called Forgot Password (user define name). This role will have only 1 permission list, the MAILPSWD permission list you just created. Add this Permission List and save.
6. Create a new User called FORGOTPASSWORD (user define name). Create a password for this user and remember it, as it is case sensitive, and you will be using it again in step 9. The User ID Type for this user should be none and on the roles tab you will want to add the role you just created called Forgot Password. This user DOES NOT need any permission lists on the general tab a symbolic ID or an email address.
7. Open a Permission List that ALL your users have in common and that is assigned to them through a common role, PeopleSoft delivered PTPT1000. On the General tab, of this permission list, turn on the check box that says Allow Password to be Emailed?
8. Under PeopleTools > Security > User Profile > Forgot Password Hint. Add a new password hint (note the ID doesn’t matter – just use 01, 02, etc.). Pick some question that will have a fairly short answer like what is your pet’s name or mother’s maiden name or whatever you feel is appropriate.
9. You also need to go under PeopleTools > Security > User Profile > Forgot My Password Email Text to add whatever comments you want returned on the email you are sending to users. Something like this:
Please reset your password! This process will also NOT unlock your account if it has been locked out. If your account is locked you need to contact the security administrator <<%PASSWORD>>.
10. Set up a web profile for forgotten passwords. This can be done by two ways of following.
Clone the current existing Web Profile and make a new Web Profile and do the following setup for that.
• Navigate to PeopleTools > Web Profile > Copy Web Profile. Select the PROD web profile to copy from.
• In the “TO” box, enter PWD (User Define name) and save.
[And following configuration] Just do the following setup in your current Web Profile.
• General Tab, Change description to “Forgot Password”
• Blank out Authentication Domain.
• Uncheck “Enable New Window”.
• Blank out the help URL.
• Uncheck Enable Report Repository.
• Security Tab, Change Days to Auto Fill User ID to 0.
• Check “Allow Public Access”. Enter the Username and Password for the Forgot Password user that you created earlier.
• Blank out XML Link information.
• Debugging Tab, Uncheck everything except for “Write Dump File”. Leave this checked.
11. This step will add the Forgot your password link to the login page.
The link for forgotten passwords will be: http://.:/psp/ps_pwd/EMPLOYEE/ERP/c/MAINTAIN_SECURITY.EMAIL_PSWD.GBL.
Edit signin.html in .$PS_HOME/webserv//applications/peoplesoft/PORTAL/WEB-INF/psftdocs//signin.html.
Search for the string “pwd”. You get few lines something like following:
Above html code written for “Password” level & password user input. So insert “Forgot your password” link just below Password we have to write following codes just below the above html code.
<Ahref=”http://localhost:90/psp/hc92demo/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/MAINTAIN_SECURITY.EMAIL_PSWD.GBL””>Forgot your password?
Note: http://localhost:90/psp/hc92demo/ that is my local environment specific .
If you don’t know the values on your URL that you need to add before MAINTAIN_SECURITY, Navigate to ‘Home > PeopleTools > Portal > Structure & Content’ and drill down on the ‘Root -> Tools – Hidden -> Forgot my password’ and test the content reference. Then copy paste the link.
12. Navigate to ‘Home > PeopleTools > Portal > Structure & Content’ and drill down on the ‘Root -> Tools – Hidden -> Forgot my password’ Content reference and check on the ‘No Template’ to ‘Y’ on the ‘General’ tab.
13. For PeopleTools 8.44 and 8.45, you’ll need to modify Component PeopleCode to be able to see the confirmation page after the password has been e-mailed. Open component EMAIL_PSWD view the SavePostChange Peoplecode.
Transfer( False, MenuName.MAINTAIN_SECURITY, BarName.USE, ItemName.EMAIL_PSWD, Page.EMAIL_CONFIRM, “U”);
Save the component.
NOTE: Passwords that are generated by the Forgot Password function are always in UPPER CASE.
WARNING: If you use a “super user” account for your database (such as PS or VP1) be sure that you have another account that can access the security area before setting this process up because you may end up changing the password for that super user account by accident. This could not only lock yourself out of your database while experimenting with this setup but everyone else too if that user is used to start your application server.
1) What are the main elements in the component Interface ?
Main elements of component Interface
• Component interface name
• Properties and collections
2) Difference between Get keys, find keys and Create Keys ?
Get keys: – These are mapped to the fields marked as scrh in the component’s search record. Automatically “Search key” fields in search record become Get keys.
We cannot change it.
Find keys: – These are mapped to fields marked as Alt or Srch in the component search record. You may remove Find keys that you do not wish to make available for searching.
Create Keys: – It is generated from the key fields for the search record. If Add search record is present then its key fields are taken. We cannot change it.
3) How do you provide security for the component interface?
• Open the Permission list
• On the Component Interface tab
• Add row and select the newly created Component Interface
• Edit the permissions to give permission for the standard methods
• Get, Create, Save, cancel, find.
4) What the steps that you need to do in people code to invoke Component Interface?
• Establish a user section
• Get the component interface definition
• Populate the create keys
• Create an instance of the component interface
• Populate the required fields
• Save the component Interface.
&Session = GetSession();
&CI = &Session.GetcompIntfc(CompIntfc.INTERFACE_NAME)
&CI.KEY_FILED_NAME = ‘NEW’
If not &CI.Create () Then
Populate other fields
Populate the other fields
If not &CI.Save () Then
5) How do you test Component Interface?
• Using the Component Interface tester
• Give values in the tester for options
• Get Existing, Create new, Find and perform the operation from the CI Tester
6) Catching error message in the component Interface? Or
Use of PSMessages in the CI ?
This function needs to be called when ever methods like Find, Save, Create methods return false.
Error text and Error type can be printed in the log message for any other action in to the log messge.
&PSMessages = &Session.PSMessages;
&ErrorCount = &PSMessages.Count;
For &i = 1 To &ErrorCount
&ErrorText = &PSMessages.Item(&i).Text;
&ErrorType = &PSMessages.Item(&i).Type;
7) What is method? What are the different types of method?
Methods: – A method is an object that performs a very specific function on a component interface at run-time.
Standard methods and user-defined methods.
Standard methods: – Automatically generated upon the creation of a new component Interface in Application.
Apart from the Standard methods there are Standard methods available for the use with any collection.
User-Defined methods: – User-defined methods are those that you can create to meet the requirements of an individual component interface.
8) What are properties?
The Fields in the level 0 in the component are the properties of the component.
Standard properties User-Defined properties
Createkeyinfocollection Developer can further control the exposed Getkeyinfocollection field properties.
Property Info collection
GetHistoryItems (Update/Display mode or Correction mode)
9) Traversing the Collections in the Component Interface?
COLL_JOB – Collection
Coll_JOBItm – Row in the collection.
&COLL_JOBCol = &CI_JOB_DATA.COLL_JOB;
For &i = 1 to &COLL_JOBCol.Count
&COLL_JOBItm = &COLL_JOBCol.Item (&i);
&COLL_JOB_JRCol = &COLL_JOBItm.COLL_JOB_JR;
For &J = 1 to &COLL_JOB_JRCol.Count
&COLL_JOB_JRItm = &COLL_JOB_JRCol.Item (&j);
10) How do you login in correction mode in the Component Interface?
Get History Items and Edit History items property to should be set to true.
Get History Items alone: – Update display all – modes will be used.
1. What are the sections and paragraphs available?
There are five sections and three paragraphs available in SQR programming. The sections include
a. Begin-setup End-setup.
b. Begin-program End-program.
c. Begin-procedure End-procedure.
d. Begin-heading End-heading.
e. Begin-footing End-footing
And the paragraphs include
2. Is it possible to increase the array size once defined?
No, it is not possible to increase the Array size once defined
3. What is Load-lookup? Give the Syntax for Load-Lookup?
The LOAD-LOOKUP command defines an array containing a set of keys and values and loads it into memory. With LOAD-LOOKUP, you can reduce the number of tables that are joined in one SELECT. Use this command in conjunction with one or more LOOKUP commands.
4. Can you Call a SQR from another SQR? How?
We can call one SQR program from another SQR program using Call.callsystem. But this is possible only in UNIX Operating system.
5. Briefly explain Most commonly used SQC’s in SQR programs?
: Some of the most commonly used SQC’s are
1.STDAPI.sqc : This Is Process Scheduler Interface which is used to initiate and terminate some field values such as Process_instance & Run_cntl_id
2.SETENV.sqc : This is used to set the Default Environment based on the Database such Printer Type, Paper Size,Date formats Etc….
3.NUMBER.sqc : This file contains generalized routines to format numbers.
4.DATETIME.sqc : This file contains generalized routines to format dates and times.
6.RESET.sqc : This is an important Footing SQc.
6. What are the commands used in filehandling of sqr?
Using File Handling we can Import. Steps are
1. Opening a File Using ‘OPEN FOR-READING’ command.
1. Reading Data From File Using ‘READ’ command.
Writing Data into Table Using ‘BEGIN-SQL’ paragraph & ‘INSERT’ command
7. What are On-break parameters?
ON-BREAK causes the specified action to perform in a tabular report when the value of a field changes. The default action prints the field only when its value changes (PRINT=CHANGE).Mainly used for Redundancy of Printing on a page.
8. How can you Debug SQR programs?
We can Debug SQR using Debugging Commands such as
2. #IF DEBUGxxx
2. DISPLAY and
9. What is the difference between sqr and sqc?
1.This is nothing but the Actual 1.This is like a function in SQR.
2.This consists of Program Section. 2.This does not consists of program Section.
3.This can be Compiled & Executed. 3.This cannot be Compiled and Executed.
4.We cannot call one SQR from 4.We can call one SQC from another SQC or another SQR
or SQC. SQR program.
10. What are different types of variables in sqr?
Types of variables in SQR are
1. Column Variables.
2. List Variables.
3. System Variables.
4. Document Variables.
5. Substitution Variables.
User Defined Variables
11. Is there any read-only variable in sqr?
Column Variables & System Variables are Read-Only Variables.
12. How to pass Inputs for sqr program while running from windows?
Using ASK & INPUT Commands.
13. How to pass Inputs to the SQR while running through the Process Scheduler?
Using Procedures & SQC’s to access data on Run Control Page (Run Control Fields).
14. What is the purpose of Stdapi.sqc?This is a Process Scheduler Interface sqc which is used to initiate and terminate some field
values such as Process_instance & Run_cntl_id
15. What is the SQT file? What are the advantages of SQT files?
SQT’ file is nothing but resultant file after the compilation (i.e.) Runtime File. By using this SQT file for Execution we can increase the Performance of the program by reduciong the Compilation Time.
16. What is the SQC used to read data from translate table?
‘READXLAT.sqc’ is the SQC used to read data from Translate Table.
17. Which section is mandatory in an SQR program?
‘BEGIN-PROGRAM’ Section is Mandatory for an SQR program.
18. How will you display an image in SQR?
Using ‘DECLARE-IMAGE , END-DECLARE’ command.
19. What is use of SETENV.SQC?
This is used to set the Default Environment based on the Database such Printer Type, Paper Size, Date formats Etc….
20. How will you perform ERROR handling in SQR?
We can do Error handling in SQR using some command line flags such as –O, -L,-ZMF,-XMB and using Error handling commands such as
ON-ERROR = Skip/Warn/Stop (for Compile time errors)
ON-ERROR = Procedure Name (for execution stage errors).
21. How many ways of performance tuning are there in SQR?
1. Using LOADF-LOOKUP & LOOKUP.
2 .Using ARRAYS.
3. Using MULTIPE REPORTS.
4. Using SQT Files.
5. Using –Bnn Command line Flag.
6. Running on BATCH SERVER.
7. Using Proper Programming Logic in SQR such as Using BREAK statement in EVALUATE Command.
8. Proper SQL tuning such as using Sub queries instead of Joins.
22. Can you call procedure in oracle from Sqr? How?
To call a database procedure using Begin-select paragraph, the syntax is as follows:
[(report arguments)] from Dual
To call from Begin-sql, the syntax will be
23. Can you connect more than one database using one Sqr? How?
24. What are the differences between Load lookup and Array?ARRAYS LOAD-LOOKUP
1. Arrays can be declared in any section. 1. Load-Lookup is declared in only in
SETUP section only.
2. Number of rows are not automatically 2. Numbers of rows are automatically added. gives a error if the number of added.
Exceeds the specified number.
3. We should insert data in to Array by 3. Rows are automatically inserted in to
4.We can retrive any number of fields. 4.We can retrive only Two fields from
from a table. a table.
5.We have Length & Data type. 5.We don’t have Length & Data type.
6.We cannot directly print from Array. 6.We can directly print from
25. What are the steps required to run the SQR from peoplesoft environment?
Three steps we have to fallow to run the SQR program from the peoplesoft environment (Process Scheduler). These steps include
a. Making the SQR program API aware by calling two procedures (stdapi-init, stdapi-term) from the Begin-program section and including the Stdapi.sqc in the bottom of the program.
b. Create new run control table or using existing run control table and creating run control page, component and register the component. Creating new run control SQC if we create a new run control table.
c. Giving the permission to the user by giving process groups.
26. How to pass command line flags to a sqr report running through process scheduler?
Using override options in the process definition in the Process Scheduler in the People Tools.
27. What are On-break parameters?
ON-BREAK causes the specified action to perform in a tabular report when the value of a field changes . The default action prints the field only when its value changes (PRINT=CHANGE).Mainly used for Redundancy of Printing on a page.
28 .How does peoplesoft Process monitor knows that the process (Say sqr report) is at what stage such as initiated, in process, completed etc
From the Field Value of ‘RUNSTATUSDESCR’field from ‘PS_PMN_PRCSLIST’ table.
29. How can u Debugging SQR programs?
We can Debug SQR using Debugging Commands such as
3. #IF DEBUGxxx
2. DISPLAY and
30. How to refer a global variable in local procedure?
After special character (ex.#,&) we use underscore(_) after that variable name.
31. What is -Bnn flag?
This is used to specify the number of rows that are to be taken from Dbase to the Buffer because default the system takes 10 rows at a time.
32. What is -Tnn flag?
This is mainly used for testing purpose. We can restrict the system to generate only a specific number of pages instead of generating all pages for testing. This is used in Windows Environment.
33. What is -RS & -RT Flags?
RS is used to generate SPF file ie; stopping the program after the comilation. _RT is used to run the SPF file .This is also one kind of Performance increasing technique by saving the compilation time.
34. What are the sections in Sqr? Which one is necessary?
Setup, Heading, Footing, Program & Procedure Sections. Program section is the Mandatory section.
35. What is -debug command line flag?
This is used for Debugging in SQR.
36. How to place an corporate logo in sqr?
Using “Declare Image” command
37. what are the debugging commands in sqr?
Show & Display are debugging commands
38. what is the difference between them?
Show is used to display more than one variable at a time.
Display is used to display only one variable at a time.
- Prompt the user for a person’s first name, middle name, and last name
- Allow the user to enter the aforementioned values in upper, lower, or mixed case
- Prompt the user for the “style” of name they want to see (“LFM”, “FML”, “LF”, “FL”)
- Prompt the user with a choice whether or not they want the “middle name” portion of the resulting name to be abbreviated or not. If the user wants the “abbreviated” version of the middle name, then that name must be followed with a period.
- Return the person’s full name with each word having its first character capitalized.
- If a person’s last name is the first portion of the full name string created, then that last name should be followed by a comma and appropriately spaced
- Although the user may be requesting to see the person’s middle name as part of the full name variable that is created, if the middle name is null (and it can be), then the logic for making this name part of the full name variable should be omitted.
Miller, Darrin A.
Darrin A. Miller
- Choices A and B above
- Choices B and C above
- Choices A and C above
- All of the above
- RDBMS privileges assigned to the database administrator
- RDBMS privileges assigned to Dan Thornhill
- RDBMS privileges assigned to the user executing the SQR program
- roles, grants, and synonyms assigned to the user executing the SQR program
- SQR program designer
LET #PRODUCT_TOTAL = 100
LET #PRODUCT_TOTAL = (#PRODUCT_TOTAL + &PROD_PRICE)
WHERE PROD_CODE = 1709
LET #PROD_TOTAL = (#PROD_TOTAL + &PROD_PRICE)
WHERE PROD_CODE = 1709
MOVE &PROD_TOTAL TO #PROD_TOTAL
WHERE PROD_CODE = 1709
Program Excerpt A:
FROM CUSTOMERS C,
WHERE C.CUST_NUM = O.CUST_NUM
ORDER BY C.NAME
Program Excerpt B:
FROM CUSTOMERS C
ORDER BY C.NAME
WHERE CUST_NUM = &LE_NUMBER
- blind variable
- bound variable
- flexible variable
- bind variable
- substitution variable
- a correlated sub-query
- a cascading query
- a join query
- a cluster query
- a goto query
- Configure XML Publisher.
- Register data sources.
- Create templates.
- Define XML Publisher reports.
- Run XML Publisher reports.
- Locate and view published XML Publisher reports.
- Defining reports.
- Running reports.
- Viewing reports.
Yes, template must exist before it can be translated.
Template translations are not available for template types other than RTF. For a PDF report, there must be multiple PDF templates registered to the report, one for each locale or language as required.
- Manual creation and we can map that fields top XML data.
- Create fields with same name as XML elements.